Welcome to Wall Community Library!

Summer is here! As always, it's the perfect time to grab a book from the Wall Library and hang out in a place where you can read.

You'll find plenty of new titles along with your old favorites at the Wall Community Library in Wall, South Dakota.

Friday, May 24, 2013

Speechless

Recently, Wall Community Library held a poetry contest. Posted below is the winner of the adult poetry competition. The poem is called "Speechless," and it is written by Gayle Eisenbraun.

You are a wonderful, very dear friend,
           And I can't bear to have our relationship end.
You're in the midst of such a great sorrow,
          I should go and visit you tomorrow --
                    But I don't know what to say.

When the doctors discovered your cancer had spread,
          I became paralyzed by a horrible dread.
You are much too young, and I'll miss you so.
          I should be with you, but it's hard to go --
                    For I don't know what to say.

Days become weeks and still I don't go.
          I cry and I pray, for I love you, you know.
But you, of course, don't know of my care.
          You're dying without me, quite unaware
                    That I don't know what to say.

Forgetting myself, I'm finally here.
          I hug you, and down my cheek runs a tear.
You feel it, and somehow you understand
          The love in my heart by squeeze of my hand --
                    There's no need to know what to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment